A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement

Hi I’m Peter and I live in Dunoon. Yesterday I went to the line for the water so I could wash myself. I got up at four o'clock I was so tired it would be better if we had a bathroom so I don’t get up so early so I could wash myself.

Then I went to school at half past 5. It took me 1 hour to get to school the walk to school.My feet were so sore it be so much better if school was closer to my home and if there was a proper path as well.

When I got to school I was the first one. Then I waited for 15 minutes and then a teacher arrived and then some more kids arrived. Then school started. When it was snack time ate my apple and drank from the tap I wish I had more snack so I could concentrate better. But I love play time I love playing with my friends.

When I got home there was some good news my mom and dad had got a job I was so happy. Then I did my homework and when I was done with my homework I had dinner Which was a stew. It was so good my mom said we,ll have this dinner a lot of the time with our new budget. So I went to bed with a happy stomach and a happy heart.

Comments

  1. You have shown some understanding of what life is like for a child in an informal settlement. I would have loved to read a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The singing inspector